For the tart shell
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
2/3 cup softened butter
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
For the lemon curd
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 1/2 cups cream
- In a large bowl mix the softened butter and icing sugar to a cream with a wooden spoon then beat in the egg yolk. Add the flour and salt and rub the butter mixture and flour together with your fingers until crumbly.
- Add the egg yolk to the mixture and knead briefly until it forms a firm dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry until very thin and line the quiche tin allowing a small amount of pastry to overlap the edges. Prick the base of the pastry with a fork and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Grate the zest from the lemons into a bowl then add the juice from the lemons. Break the eggs into a large bowl and add the caster sugar and mix well. Add the lemon juice, zest and the cream and whisk gently.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry case and bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes until set.
- Sprinkle with a little icing sugar and serve with cream.